Tuesday, June 14, 2011

debating...

I have been seriously debating on whether or not to paint my console table yellow. I'm a little scared, yellow is such a bold color and one that I've never used in my house before. So I need you, my "readers" all 4 of you to help me decide. Yellow, or white






Some color inspiration:


www.vanessachristenson.com


Here are some paint swatches I picked up, they look much darker on camera then they are in real life. 

This first picture is of 'yellow star' by better homes and gardens, a tad on the mustard side but I think once I've distressed and stained it, it may tone it down. {notice the hardware I picked up for my console table as well}.


The second one is 'yellow magnolia' by Martha Stewart, not as bold as the first option and a little less mustardy looking as well. Hmmm, decisions, decisions. Goes well with my cheap art project, huh?





And this last picture is what my console table looks like in it's current state, I painted it an off white color that was a paint tester for the kids' room. Pretty, simple, timeless or is it predictable? Keep in mind that, my behemoth of a armoire will eventually get painted white, and my accent chairs and sofa will be slipcovered in white as well. Like I said decisions, decisions. Now you know why I need you're help. 

3 comments:

  1. Leave it white. I think yellow may be too loud and will silence all of the pretty decorations you have on the table. But if you paint it yellow, we can still be friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you could leave it white but distress the heck outta it... I am in the same dilemma over here. Gotta hate, I mean LOVE decisions...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can just give me the table and then you dont have to worry about painting it :) I like it white but i think if it was almost a brownish yellow it would look good :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...