Monday, April 30, 2012

crazy talk: a reupholstering job part 1

 I'm trying my hand at reupholstering some chairs, crazy talk, I know. So far the demo portion of the project has been smooth sailing. {I may come to regret those words later}. The chair you remember from here.






The fabric:





 I picked up some drop cloth from home depot months ago for various projects and this great floral bird number is actually a shower curtain I found at goodwill for $4.99, what a steal! Wish me luck! So far the hardest part I for see being, is sewing the cover for the cushion and the double welting, GULP. Two things I have never attempted. Did I mention I have limited sewing skills? Double GULP.  



 Do you also like how I don't clean up any of my before pictures? I'm just keeping it real. I always have five projects going at once, so it's normal for our covered patio to have a rug, a recliner, baseboards, a paint can, and a dog kennel hanging out under it, doesn't everyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...