Thursday, December 23, 2010

I spy with my little eye...

My aunt asked me after I got off work today to run over to a thrift store with her to check out some dining room tables. Everything in the store is 50% off. EVERYTHING!!!!  We didn't find any dining room tables that hit our fancy but, here are a few beauties I found walking around the store. Now you may think, uuummm those are hideous! And to the untrained eye that may be true. ;) But envision if you will... 





Sanded and refinished in a darker stain, or painted a crisp bright white.

Now I seriously was considering buying this, I literally asked the guy how much it was originally $44 but remember everything was half off so it was $22! I texted my husband to see if he liked it and told the guy I'd get back to him, while I was doing that another woman swooped in and bought it! OH SNAP! Gone right before my very eyes. Single tear* Oh well, it wasn't meant to be, plus by the time my husband got back to me, he ended up not liking it. {I even told him to look past the hideous paint job}. So I guess it ended up being for the best, but definitely learned my lesson. Strike when the iron is hot, or you'll miss out on an amazing opportunity.

 Dear woman who stole my dresser, you better strip that baby down to the original wood grain, stain it a beautiful deep walnut color, and line the drawers with cute wallpaper remnants or scrap booking paper. Because that's totally what I would have done. And if you don't, you don't deserve such a diamond in the rough!  

Reupholstered in a nice linen fabric.

Gorgeous secretary desk, spray paint handles with ORB {oil rubbed bronze} and stained a darker color.

Either of these would be beautiful painted a shade of white

Or these...

Oh goodness, I think I need to go back and do another walk through and take some of these home with me!

2 comments:

  1. So your inspiration for the dresser was from Young House Love, right? Looked a lot like the one in Clara's nursery.

    Just found your blog from Mindi's the other day, you do great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss being close to that place! Good stuff in there!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...