Monday, December 20, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas... {around the Little Miss Vintage house}

I have always enjoyed decorating for Christmas, ever since I was a little girl. This Christmas will be especially great because it is the first year we will be spending it in our first home and with baby e. I can't wait to have him wake up Christmas morning and open all his presents, even if he has no idea what they are for, being 11 months old and all. But none the less, we're still very excited. Here is a look at all the decorating going on at our house this year. Although I haven't quite finished all my holiday projects I thought I would still share what I have done so far. Enjoy!





The mantel 



The Armoire done up nicely with the wreaths I made here.
 And of course, I couldn't forget to show off the tree. We have a very rustic and traditional theme to our Christmas decor, but I hope to change that come the day after Christmas. *wink, wink.






We bought this cutie after we found out we were having a little boy last Christmas time at the Gentle House Christmas Bazaar. 

I'm in love with these red sparkling ornaments, they remind me of Dorothy's ruby red slippers!



GO DUCKS!!!!!!! Bring home that national title!!!!




So there is a story behind this angel ornament, my husband grew up having a very tacky beautiful angel tree topper. Apparently he is very sentimental and insisted we get one, {he doesn't like my cute, rustic, willow branch, star, and berry number. I refuse to have an angel tree topper, don't get me wrong I love the symbolism and all, but have you seen a cute one? NO. So in honor of my husband I found this quirky felt ornament at a craft bazaar, and couldn't pass it up. The smile he had when I showed it to him was so worth it.  


Have a very Merry Christmas, and a blessed New Year. Jesus is the reason for the season! Love, The Little Miss Vintage Family

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...