Saturday, October 23, 2010

Here comes Harper!

This week has been very eventful to say the least! On Wednesday of this week at 7:00 a.m. my hubs and I were awakened by a phone call from his brother. He informed us that at 12:30 am my sister in-law's water broke, and that they had rushed off to the hospital. I jumped out of bed, took a quick shower, called my mom to watch baby E, and I was out the door! As I neared the edge of town my hubs called telling me he needed the car seat that was still in my car.  AAAAHHH! so I turned around and headed back home. When I pulled in he asked if I could just stay and wait for my mom instead of our original plan of him taking baby E to work, where my mom would pick him up there. So I begrudgingly said yes, hopped out of the car and started waiting for my mom. I soon got a phone call from my other sister in-law asking if she could get a ride with me to the hospital after she took a quick nap. I told her I was in the process of leaving a.s.a.p. and wouldn't be waiting for her nap, so she decided to drive over to my house instead. The time now was around 8:15 a.m. and I was beginning to freak out because I didn't want to miss anything! My mom finally showed up just as my sister in-law was calling me to tell me she just got in an accident. A car had stopped short and instead of pushing on the brakes, she pushed on the clutch pedal and slammed into the back of a man's truck. Thankfully she was okay, just a little shaken up, but her car was totalled.       

At this point I just decided to drive to our family's business which happens to be a car dealership. My sister in-law had the car dropped off there since it would be cheaper than leaving it at an auto body shop.  The time now was 9:45 a.m. you can imagine I was freaking out at this point. I didn't want to miss any of my other sister in-laws birth. She had been in labor for nine hours by this time. I don't want to seem insensitive, I was very relieved that my other sister in-law was okay from her car accident! But I REALLY REALLY needed to get to that hospital. I was suppose to be one of the birthing coaches and felt terrible that I had missed their phone call at 12:30 a.m. that night.    










to be continued...






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...