Sunday, October 24, 2010

Here comes Harper! (Part 2)

Continued...




After we determined my sister in-law to be okay and her car safely resting in a parking space by the dealership. She and I were off to the hospital. It took us about thirty five minutes to get to the hospital, and we arrived around 10:30 a.m. Then began the waiting game. Little did we know that it would be a LONG, LONG, LONG time before baby Harper would grace us with her presence. The whole family and I waited in the aptly named waiting room. We waited all day, getting updates from my sister in-law's sister, periodically. As the evening came to a close, many of us had jobs, kids, and dogs to get home to. That morning there were 10 people waiting for Harper's arrival, by nightfall 5 remained. As it grew closer to midnight my sister in-law's sister came and informed us that she had to go home because her Crohn's disease was acting up and needed sleep, as well. My poor sister in- law had been stuck at 9cm dilated for over six hours. She finally got an epidural and was able to sleep, hours prior to midnight. They tried everything rolling my sis back and forth in a sheet to get the baby to drop lower in the birth canal. Having her sit on a ball, changing positions, anything to help her dilate that last cm. But nothing worked! I barely slept, if at all even though I had work in the morning because I was waiting for my brother in-law to come get me when she was ready to push. Finally at 3:10 a.m. he texted me letting me know she was getting close. I jumped up and headed to the room.  I was so nervous and excited all at the same time.  That I was about to witness such an amazing event. As soon as I got into the room, he  handed me his phone and told me to record the birth when it was time. After 3 hours of pushing it was finally time, Harper Morgan made her debut into the world at 6:17 a.m. It was such an amazing, amazing moment one I will never forget!!!
Harper Morgan born October 21st 2010 at 6:17 a.m. weighing 8 lbs. 15 ozs. Perfect in every way!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...