Monday, May 14, 2012

He done good

This year my husband went above and beyond for mother's day! Not only did he shower me with gifts, he showered me with gifts of service too! I got breakfast in bed; a mother's day staple. I didn't have to change one poopy diaper, and he pretty much took care of the kids all day unless some one needed a hug or fed. I got to bask in the glory of adult conversations, eating first, watching real television shows, peruse the Internet, practice playing the piano, and just relax in an air conditioned house.
 As if my mother's day couldn't have gotten any better than that, he surprised me with gifts he had remembered I mentioned months ago! We usually never get gifts for each other because we feel they just aren't a necessity, with two kiddos 2 and under we try to live by necessity alone! 
He saved his food money from work and ate free crummy hotel breakfasts, packed his own lunches and ate at costco ( hot dog, pep, and a swirl) I think my friend ashley will know what I'm talking about there. Until he secretly saved up enough to buy the wonderful gifts, what a guy! He is terrible at keeping secrets so this was VERY impressive. 



  I got a few new towels, since our old ones are almost six years old and frankly, a little crusty no matter how many times i wash them. A pair of toms, and an original piece of artwork from a local portland artist. He done good alright, very good. I should send out a big thank you to his momma, who raised him right! :)


  

2 comments:

  1. I am digging that print! Way to go Bryan. I'm proud of him for living on dogs and swirl. It's a rough life on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...