Thursday, May 10, 2012

Humbled


Matthew 23:12 - For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Sometimes the Lord moves and directs you when you least expect it. I needed to be humbled today, and the Lord provided. I have taken for granted my role as a mother. I complain, I gnash my teeth when I hear my baby cry, when something gets broken, I step on a toy,or have to listen to my toddler whine. I think; ugh, why me?!? 
WHY ME?
 A pretty selfish state of mind I've been in lately, huh? Whilst in my selfish state of mind, I was casually scrolling through my blog roll, a fellow blogger mentioned this site; http://aniandmatttaylor.blogspot.com/ . 
When I read this families beautiful story, I sobbed. I have been chosen to care and raise up children, what a gift and a blessing I have been given. After wiping my tears, my beautiful baby girl awoke from her nap, it was music to my ears to hear her cry, I scooped up my babies and gave them hugs and kisses.


 I am grateful. 
I am humbled.
 Please read about sweet Ruby Jane, she is changing lives with her story.   



1 comment:

  1. How true that every life is for a reason, and every passing is only by God's permission, because we all have purpose. Beautiful, and thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...