Thursday, June 7, 2012

The one where I get all sappy and sentimental

Today is June 7th. Not a very important date to most, but to me it's a day that makes me smile. On this day in 2002 a very handsome and sweet 16 year old boy drove me home from school, parked in front of my families apartment, grabbed my hand and asked: will you be my girlfriend? My answer, was of course, YES! 
From that moment on we've shared 3,653 days, thousands of kisses, hugs, hand holds, and cuddles.
This picture is about 2 years into our relationship, and me getting caught stuffing my face full of KFC and fritos. Classy.

On December 7th 2006, we became man and wife

On January 2nd 2010, we welcomed our first child: Everett Leo

Bought our first home January 21, 2010


Welcomed our second child: Zooey Jane, October 14th 2011


We've spent a decade making memories; laughing, crying, telling each other our secrets, we've experienced loss and triumphs and failures together.
We aren't perfect, we make ALOT of mistakes. But at the end of the day we are still each other's best friends. We try and love each other like 1 corinthians 13: 4-8 and the Song of Solomon teaches, do we succeed? Not all the time, but we are both works in progress, and we know it.



There is something comforting in knowing you can be your absolute self with someone without fear of rejection. We are big dorks and we don't care.  










I love you, my dear. You make me laugh and smile everyday. I'm so proud of the life we've built together thus far. Here's to the many more decades to come!




4 comments:

  1. I was tearing up until those ipictures you took. They never get old. This is great! So glad you guys started dating because now I too get to have a bestfriend for life and a really cute niece and nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the best days ever was seeing you become man and wife. I love you both so much and am so happy that you found each other. Your little family is just the cutest ever and I smile daily when I see how happy you all are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a sweet story! love your blog.
    Would love it if you could check mine out and follow :)
    sincerelysk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the last picture and the vintage sunglasses one. You two are so cute! Congratulations on 10 years of LOVE. xoxo Sarah

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...