Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Oh Ballard, how I love/hate/love/hate, you. Let me count the ways.

Ballard Designs
I have a love/hate relationship with Ballard Designs. I love almost everything in their stinking magazine! I hate that everything costs an arm and a leg! I find myself more often then not swooning over the gorgeous room displays, page after page after page. And just when I think I'VE GOT TO HAVE THAT!!!! I look for the price and my jaw hits the floor. I mean, I get that it is considered a higher end home decor catalog like Pottery Barn, or Crate and Barrel. But come on, help a sista out! $900 for an accent chair, or $300 for a decorative mirror? I don't think so. 


   Dear Ballard, you've left me no choice. I will find great steals deals at second hand and clearance stores, and recreate the looks I love from your catalog for pennies on the dollar. You know what they say, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, and this is no exception. I love/ hate you and your furniture. 
Sincerely, Little Miss Vintage.




Here are a few pictures of my upcoming projects I hope to knock off from Ballard Designs. I'll be sure to keep you updated on the progress!
the wreath, not the candlesticks.







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...