Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A tale of two night stands- (Design Fail!)

Beware!- Avert your eyes if you cannot stand the sight of lazy blogging and failed projects! OH THE HORROR!!!! 


My mom gave me these night stands recently, I wonder why? Yikes, they were in some desperate need of some t.l.c. or a little L.M.V. {*little miss vintage ;) } So I got to work sanding, priming, and painting. I wanted my little night stands to have an antiqued look to them. And let's face it, I wanted any excuse to try out some of my new crackle glaze I had purchased at Lowe's.  

{After 2 paint colors}


I painted the night stands 3 times and with 3 different colors. First, by using some left over paint from my dresser project. Then I bought silver glaze, crackle finish, Valspar white paint, and bun feet at Lowe's. The left over blue paint from my dresser and the silver glaze looked great on my little night stands, I kept them like that for a little while, but I really wanted to try out my crackle glaze. I had a vision people, and it included a crackle finish!
 I must admit it was my first time working with the stuff. But it seemed easy enough, paint on the clear crackle, let dry, then paint on your desired paint color, instant crackled finish, violĂ ! It didn't work out as easy as that. The crackle glaze looked funny and pooled in awkward places. Needless to say I'm very unhappy with my results!


                                                                          Before:





After:
 

 Am I thrilled with the outcome, NO! {Terrible After shot, I know but that's the best I can do for now}. 

Are they a bit more tolerable than the hideous evergreen color they were before? Of course! But am I satisfied in there current state of being? NOOOOO!!!! Hopefully soon I can post 'A tale of two nightstands' and not have it be a colossal design FAIL!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...