Friday, November 5, 2010

Pine Armoire {Hello beautiful, goodbye ugly}

We have been in desperate need of a place to hold our t.v. and movies ever since we moved into our new home. Umm, 10 months ago. Yikes, I know when I write it out it, it is a pretty ridiculous amount of time. But its not like we are cave people and watched the t.v. off the floor. We had a cheap, Ikea, sagging, because it got wet once, t.v. console. It did its job perfectly fine even for looking a little sad. Here are a few pictures I took several months ago, (not on purpose of the t.v. console), but of baby E, BONUS! :)




As it is pretty apparent the t.v. console had to go! Especially now that baby E is crawling around like a mad man. Several family members made it very clear they were afraid the console would give way one of these days. So it was time to find a replacement.
I knew I always wanted an armoire with doors to conceal the t.v. when its not in use. Have lots of storage to hide hold all our movies, and gadgets etc. And withstand the end of time, or at least a husband, one growing little boy, and a dog. But everything I looked at was either way too expensive or not my style. 

pottery barn
pottery barn 


san carlos imports
san carlos imports

My inspiration for a pine armoire with big chunky hinges came from one of my favorite blogs. Check out nester's armoire it's amazing, beautiful and inexpensive. My three favorite words. Especially when it comes to furniture. Now that I had my heart set on an armoire similar to that one. I set out on the hunt on craigslist. Finally after weeks of searching I found one that had a rustic feel to it, chunky hinges, and was made of solid wood. {remember end of time, people!} It is very similar to picture #3. It doesn't have the feminine lines like I really wanted, but it makes both the hubs and I happy. And that's what's really important, right? The bonus part of this story is that the armoire was a gift for my birthday from my two aunt's. {Remember I mentioned family member's telling me my old console was going to fall down, *hint, hint*}. So they generously offered to buy me a new t.v. entertainment center of my choice for my birthday. So thoughtful and nice of them, even if they were telling me in so many words my old  t.v. console was awful! Gotta love family. :)  
Hello beautiful armoireGoodbye ugly, hunk of junk. 

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...